1.12.10

i heart SEVici

One of my favorite ways to get around Sevilla is with SEVici - Sevilla's bike sharing system. The name comes from a mixture of SEVilla and bICIcleta (bicycle), and the system is very user-friendly. For 6€/week or 12€ for a year with a SEVici card (I'm still waiting for mine in the mail...) you can pick up a bike at any SEVici station, ride it, and park it at any one of the 250 other stations throughout the city. Each first 1/2 hour of riding is free, and after that you pay a small fee per additional 1/2 hour, but it shouldn't take you longer than 30 minutes to ride anywhere in the city . I have a SEVici station right outside my flat, and I remember being absolutely thrilled while riding a bike through the narrow, winding, cobblestone streets of Sevilla on my first night out. (That thrill of riding on cobblestone has since turned to annoyance). The bikes are fairly new, available 24/7, equipped with a basket, and unlike bike sharing systems in other cities, the stations really are ubiquitous. The only trouble comes when there's no more parking at a popular station, or when the bike you happen to be riding is somehow impaired.


No hay comentarios: