27.9.10

tapastapastapas

On Saturday night I went with a few friends to a tapas bar. Not knowing what to order, we asked our waiter to bring us 10 tapas típicas de España. Scroll through our entire meal below...

1. some kind of potato salad covered in a creamy cheese. the potato salad wasn't bad but the cheese turned me off.

2. a garlic sauce that we proceeded to put on almost all of the following tapas- delicious!

 
 3. french fries and beef. nothing special here.

4. fried strips of calamari. texture was just a little too tough.

 5. fried shrimp (peel off head and tail and eat with shell on). not bad, but after ripping off the head and tail you barely have any shrimp left.

 6. veal (at least that's what I think it was) with french fries. super succulent
and won my vote for the best tapa of the evening

 7. seared or smoked tuna covered in olive oil.
super salty, and the closest thing I've had to sushi so far...
the blackness of the tuna was slightly disturbing, though.

 8. smoked salmon and cheese on bread. i love lox but this was far too oily.

8. fried hake. pretty plain.

 9. grilled hake. great fish!

10. grilled calamari. actually better than the fried calamari and
reminded me more of scallops than squid.

I love the idea of tapas - of tasting multiple food items in one meal - but I'm not the 
biggest fan of the Andalucían food. Nevertheless I tried each tapa 
and was full at the end of the meal, so I guess its not  that horrible...

No hay comentarios: