13.4.11

Sierra Norte

I finally visited the Sierra Norte of Sevilla, a protected reserve in the mountains about 80 km north of Sevilla. It's difficult to get to many of the trails without a car, but Felix and I managed to get to the pueblo Cazalla de la Sierra by bus, and then searched for our trail from there. The trail we chose was called Las Laderas (the mountainsides), and since it was a Tuesday, we were the only hikers in the park.

The Sierra Norte, in my mind, is the most beautiful place in Andalucía. Of course, I haven't seen the desert of Almería or the Parque Doñana, or even the Sierra Nevada of Granada. But walking along trails next to olive groves and forgotten Spanish plantations, I felt as if I were walking through the heart of Spain. It was pleasant to get away from the city for a bit and enjoy the silence of nature, as well as soak in the greenness that is not so easy to find in Sevilla. We even did a part of the trail walking in the stream, barefoot.


hi sheep
so graceful

enchanted trail

courtesy of felix

picnic w/ bacon wrapped dates



classic self timer shot

forest boy



huckleberry finn

clear and refreshing


baaaa

we did it!


No hay comentarios: