18.6.11

flash blog 1 - Sintra

It's my last day in Europe and I'm finally feeling the urge to appease my frustrated followers. But, knowing that I have two months to catch you up on, and expecting that it will continue to get more difficult to blog about my European journey as time passes in Los Angeles, I'll write some "flash blog" entries - quick snippets and photo highlights of each local, to make sure that "un día en sevilla" is properly terminated.

Starting with the earliest missed update from mid-April, I bring you photos from Sintra, a medieval Portuguese town...







I visited the Pena castle on a mountaintop in Sintra during the last hour before it closed on a stormy Saturday evening. The ominous clouds and lack of crowds made for an enchanted hour of exploration around (what I believe to be) the coolest castle in Europe. With bright colored walls and grotesque gargoyles, Pena was magical in a frightening way. After acting out a Repunzel dream, I spent the night in Estoril, a neighboring beach town, home of Portugal's "rich and beautiful."

No hay comentarios: