28.11.10

My Spanish Thanksgiving

My friend Kathryn and I decided that although we are in Spain, we couldn't let a Thanksgiving Day pass without sharing a turkey dinner with friends. Since we work on Thursdays, we pushed our feast back to Saturday to allow more time for preparation. Even with Kathryn's tiny kitchen and even tinier oven, we managed to pull off a pretty delicious meal for my very first time cooking for Thanksgiving. And, we got to give the gift of a "first Thanksgiving" to several of our non-American friends.


Our bootleg way of keeping things warm when they came out of the oven...(aluminum foil + towels)

The turkey! It's a miracle we managed to find one.

 Garlic mushrooms, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy

 Sweet potato casserole

 Corn Souffle (everyone's favorite of the night...thanks for sending the ingredients and the recipe, Mom!)

Felix filled with excitement on his very first Thanksgiving.


And lastly...the apple pie!



The rest of the gang: 3 Americans, 2 Germans, 2 Irish, a Brit and a Swede

I missed all my family and friends back home but was very content and grateful this Thanksgiving, especially for my mom, for making Thanksgiving possible for me by sending a care package of American ingredients. :)

No hay comentarios: