6.2.11

tortilla española: my first attempt

Today, I tried to make one of my favorite Spanish dishes, tortilla española, an "omelet" of potato and eggs. After frying sliced potatoes and diced onions, beaten eggs are added to the mix, and then fried to make a puffy, pastry-like potato omelet.

While it wasn't a complete disaster (it was edible), the tortilla fell apart during the process of flipping it in the frying pan. Also, the pan was too small for the amount of eggs and potatoes I had, so the bottom burned while I tried to make sure that the middle was cooked enough. Lessons learned. I am determined to learn how to make a decent tortilla before I leave Spain.

 

 sad that my tortilla didn't work out:

forced to be happy that I made my first tortilla española:



Spanish word of the day: escurrir (to drain)

No hay comentarios: