22.1.11

recreation

At Casa Cuesta on Becca's last night, we tried a fabulous tapa that I haven't been able to stop thinking about...berenjena con miel, or eggplant with honey. We ate the fried eggplant with drizzled honey as our last tapa and it was the perfect, sweet ending to our dinner.

I decided to attempt to recreate eggplant with honey. Felix was curious, especially because I hadn't stopped raving about it. We covered sliced eggplant in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs, and after frying the slices, drizzled hot honey over them.

Casa Cuesta's tapa was better than ours, with softer, more tender eggplant (and I bet they didn't fill their kitchen with smoke when they cooked it)! And of course, they had the element of surprise. Regardless, I  thoroughly enjoyed my version of this Spanish dish, and imagine this won't be my last time recreating it.

No hay comentarios: